Grandparents!



Do you have your grandparents? If you have then you are really lucky because everyone may not be fortunate enough to have their grandparents around. I am glad I have all my grandparents to encourage me when I am low, to correct me when I do any mistake and out of all to love me how I am. They love you even when you are rude, harsh and courtesy-less because all they want from you is neither your riches nor your valuable pieces of metal. Only thing they would ever want is a little love and affection.
               You don't have to spend thousands of shells to buy a gift rather grab your phones, make a call and ask them 'how are you?' that's it! You can see tears rolling down their wrinkled cheeks all filled with love and emotion. I never knew this real trick of making them happy all these years and now I got it and I do it. Every time I call them it makes me feel that I am loved and wanted. What more would anyone crave for? You are the worlds luckiest person when you own a few loving hearts. Here is a small poem that my darling sissy wrote way back while schooling

Eppudu naathone  unnav,

Thappu chesthe sarididu thaavu ,

Naaku em kaavalanna isthaavu,

Eppudu naa gurinche alochisthaavu ,

Adagaka munde anni isthaavu,

Eppudu emi adagaledhu,
Neneppudu nee kalla mundhe undalani korukuntaavu,
Mari neekem kavalo cheppavendhuku thathayya…?


      It’s so true our grandparents never ask us any material things. As the days are passing by and more sheets are being torn off the calendar, people started loving gadgets and using people where the prime duty is exactly the opposite. Technology is remarkably improving in all the fields may it be with the minute Nano chips or the giant skyscrapers. Name any field and any part of the world we find the existence of Human beings, but they are miserably failing in maintaining the emotional and sentimental harmony. Once my grandpa told  “Darling! In our days and your papa’s childhood we all played in the green pastures running behind the sheep, butterflies and collecting shells along the river banks. Climbing tress was my best past-time. Holidays meant fun time, friend’s time and mischief time and a secret- I was the most mischievous boy then. Once I was playing with the small chick and I was very fascinated by the hen. It used to always sit on the eggs for a really long time and wondered why it was sitting. One day *boom* little chicks came out. I was really excited and though if that small little hen can sit and make these little chicks then why not me? So I went to my mom and asked her to give me a few eggs. She wouldn't give me. So I sneaked to the kitchen and got half a dozen eggs and put it in my safe. Next day evening when I was back from the school I was off to implement my master plan of making chicks. I once more went and saw that chicks making hen and that place. I made the exact setup and placed the eggs carefully in the center. After which is the most interesting part. I slowly, steadily, carefully sat on them and what now? 

         Crack…. Crack… crack…. Crack…they broke beneath me. I could feel it. It was all sticky yucky. Don't ask me more. I can't describe it. My shorts were full of egg yellows and whites plus smelling intensely. Then I was really angry with the eggs. Why did they break when I sat but gave small little cute chicks when that Hen sat on them? Then I went straight to my dad for the justice. As soon as I told the whole story about the broken eggs he busted out laughing. I felt very humiliated and furious too. Then he told me that it is the gift for the hen to make the little chicks and we cannot. And now enough of my adventures and let’s get back, we were talking about my village. As I was telling everyone knew every single person in the locality by names, family and address. Now a days you go around with the help of G.P.S but back then if some newbie arrives then there are 100’s of live and instant G.P.S available right in front of you. Your G.P.S will just show the map, address, longitude and latitude, temperature and lot more but our G.P.S then were more friendly and welcoming when we take off from the starting point and by the time you reach your destination you will be introduced to the people around and the place will introduce to you too . You will get all the history, local updates, food, people, heads. By the time you reach your destination I am sure you will get to know about all the if’s, how’s, what’s, when’s of the place. Isn’t it exciting?” And I was left speechless after that small conversation. I personally never experienced something more exciting like that in all these years and sill I’m waiting because I haven’t been to the real villages in a while. These concrete jungles are ripping us off from the roots of our own place and people and I am one of the millions. What to do industrial revolution? Or something? Something? I have no idea what is the exact reason behind it but yea I'm ripped off from my roots too.

        Now you might be wondering why I am talking about all these now, wait I’ll tell you why? It is our grandparents who can connect you to your root. All you have to do is hang out with them, spend some time with them. And you get lots and lots of information about the world which you can never find in any libraries, encyclopedia or internet. I know you will have a good time and fun. Think about it.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My heart’s cry!!!

My minds plot!

10 things one should never miss!!